Drain Cleaning & Clog Removal
Plumbing clogs in your West Chester home can make life miserable.
They cause sinks to drain slowly and toilets to back up. They make water pool in your shower and flow out of your floor drain.
You can try clearing your drain with a plunger, chemicals, or other DIY remedies that may or may not work. Or call Timothy Off Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for quality work and ensured success. Our experts safely clear blockages and restore normal water flow in residential and commercial plumbing systems.
When a plumbing clog disrupts your daily routine, you need help fast. You can rely on us to provide prompt, effective service.
Contact us for a timely response.
Common Causes of Drain Clogs
Even the best plumbing systems can clog and back up into your home. Some of the most common causes of drain clogs we encounter include:
- "Flushable" wipes & personal hygiene products: There's no such thing as flushable wipes, and you should never flush anything other than water, waste, or toilet paper down the toilet.
- Tree root infiltrations: As tree roots grow, they can penetrate cracks and damaged sections of pipes.
- Damaged pipes: Shifting soils, construction work, weather, and other factors can damage pipes and create obstructions that can trap debris to form a clog.
- Grease: Grease and oil can form into a solid, glue-like clog that traps waste as it flows through the pipes.
- Toilet paper & paper towels: Too much toilet paper or too many paper towels or napkins can clog even the largest drains.
Drain Cleaning Options
We typically remove clogs that form in your bathroom, kitchen, and floor drains with a drain-cleaning cable machine. Drain cleaning machines send flexible cable with an attached cutting tool into your drain. The device cuts through and removes clogs as it snakes through the pipe.
Our Timothy Off plumbers will assess the problem and recommend the best solution for your plumbing system. The techniques we use are designed specifically for the size and location of the clog.
Prevent Clogs With Regular Maintenance
You don't have to wait until a clog causes a toilet or drain backup to call Timothy Off for help. We recommend regular maintenance on your drains and sewer line to prevent waste buildup and clogs.
Schedule periodic drain cleanings to keep water flowing in your sinks, toilet, and shower. Consider inspecting your sewer line every few years, especially if large trees grow on your property. We can identify emerging problems, such as root growth, by snaking a camera through the sewer line.
Our busy schedules sometimes prevent us from maintaining basic home care. That's why we offer an energy-saving program to remove all the stress of maintenance.
Our plans save you money, offering priority service, friendly reminders, and other perks. Sign up today.
What Maintenance Can Homeowners Perform on Their Drains?
We recommend leaving drain and sewer line cleaning and flushing to professionals, like our experts at Timothy Off. However, you can help keep your plumbing in top shape by treating it with a little TLC.
Here are some ways you can avoid clogging your drains and sewer line:
- Throw only toilet paper into your toilet. Do not flush other products, even those described as flushable.
- Dispose of oil or grease in the trash, not down your sink drain. After leftover cooking oil cools slightly, pour it into a disposable container to harden before tossing it into the garbage.
- Use a drain screen to catch hair before it goes down the shower drain. Attach a metal mesh lint catcher to your washing machine's discharge hose. Consider placing a drain screen or lint trap in the laundry sink drain hole.
- Pour enzyme-based drain cleaners into your plumbing system periodically to keep clogs from forming. These drain cleaners work best as a preventative measure and remove only organic materials. They're easier on your pipes than chemical drain cleaners.
Choose Timothy Off for Drain Cleaning
Whether you need help maintaining your West Chester, PA, drains, or removing tough clogs, we offer solutions tailored to your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Us Today
"*" indicates required fields